Google
 

29 May 2007

Latina Gets Food Network Show

Ingrid Hoffmann, born in Colombia and now living in Miami, has been cooking on Spanish TV for a couple of years. She now has her own English-language show on the Food Network: Simply Delicioso airs on Saturday mornings starting July 14.

Hoffmann's focus is on quick meals. She says "If it takes more than 29 minutes, I'm not interested," beating the much-hated Rachael Ray by a full minute.

Hoffmann is the first Latina to have her own Food Network show.

2 comments:

SteamyKitchen said...

Its about time FTV gets some ethnic variety!!

Don Luis said...

That was exactly my point: ethnic diversity is a good thing. I'm sorry to hear from a Serious Eats reader that Ingrid Hoffmann is basically the Latino Racheal Ray. I've never seen her Spanish show, since I don't speak Spanish.