- Pound the chicken breasts flat for even cooking.
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Prepare 3 pie plates, one with flour, one with 3 eggs (scrambled), and one with bread crumbs.
- Dredge each chicken breast in the flour, shaking off the excess, then the egg, then the bread crumbs.
- Fry in olive oil over medium heat until nicely brown. The chicken will not be fully cooked at this point.
- Cover the bottom of a glass baking dish with tomato sauce.
- Add the chicken in one layer.
- Spoon tomato sauce over each breast.
- Pile mozzarella and Parmesan on each breast. I use 2 parts mozzarella to one part Parmesan.
- Bake at 350F for 1/2 hour.
17 January 2009
This is a relatively simple meal to make, since I always have tomato sauce in the freezer. Simple tomato sauce is good, but I usually have Sunday sauce on hand, so I use that.