Google
 

17 January 2009

Chicken Parmesan

This is a relatively simple meal to make, since I always have tomato sauce in the freezer. Simple tomato sauce is good, but I usually have Sunday sauce on hand, so I use that.


  1. Pound the chicken breasts flat for even cooking.
  2. Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
  3. Prepare 3 pie plates, one with flour, one with 3 eggs (scrambled), and one with bread crumbs.
  4. Dredge each chicken breast in the flour, shaking off the excess, then the egg, then the bread crumbs.
  5. Fry in olive oil over medium heat until nicely brown. The chicken will not be fully cooked at this point.
  6. Cover the bottom of a glass baking dish with tomato sauce.
  7. Add the chicken in one layer.
  8. Spoon tomato sauce over each breast.
  9. Pile mozzarella and Parmesan on each breast. I use 2 parts mozzarella to one part Parmesan.
  10. Bake at 350F for 1/2 hour.
Serve with linguine or any other pasta.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you season the the chicken at all? No adobo?

Don Luis said...

Oops, I left out that step; I've added it since. Thanks.

I live in Puerto Rico, but I'm still Italian, so I don't put Adobo on everything. The flavor here comes from the tomato sauce.