Google
 

02 March 2007

Meatballs

Whenever I make tomato sauce, I also make meatballs.

Note that I use only beef. Most people will suggest that you use some combination of beef, pork, and veal, but I cook the way my mother taught me.
  • 2 lbs ground beef
  • 1 small onion minced
  • 2 cloves garlic minced
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup Parmigiano Regiano cheese
  • 2 cups fresh Italian bread crumbs
  • extra-virgin olive oil for frying
  • salt and pepper
I make meatballs in two different sizes: a little bigger than a golf ball for tomato sauce, or about the size of a marble for soup.
  1. Mix all ingredients except the olive oil in a bowl. Don't over mix.
  2. Brown meatballs on all sides in olive oil, or bake at 350F for 25 minutes.
  3. Finish cooking the meatballs in tomato sauce for an hour or two.

No comments: